Catastrophes & Tactics in the Chess Opening - Selected Brilliancies from Volume 1-9Winning in 15 Moves or Less: Chess Tactics, Brilliancies & Blunders in the Chess Opening
Description / Catastrophes & Tactics in the Chess Opening - Selected Brilliancies from Volume 1-9
This is the book where you will see how:
- Kramnik as Black beat Jobava in only 15 moves.
- Shirov lost in 13 moves to English Grandmaster Wells
- World famous coach & grandmaster Aagaard lost in 13 moves as White.
- Seirawan had to resign after 15 moves, just before getting mated by a Swedish International Master.
- Timman trapped Polugaevsky's queen after 15 moves in a Najdorf
- Svidler lost as White in just 13 moves to Shirov.
- GM Nielsen, later coach to world champions Anand & Carlsen, lost in 13 moves against the King's Gambit.
- Bareev lost his queen to Nakamura after 12 moves.
- And many other fascinating games.
Through the study of the games in this volume, you will improve your opening play, opening repertoire, strategies and tactical ability. This volume features some of the best games and tactics from the previous nine volumes, one game for each chapter in the previous books. Therefore, this book will provide you with a firework of great games and excellent puzzles to be solved.
|Publication Date||Mar 24, 2018|
|Notation Type||AN - Algebraic|
|Book Binding Type||Paperback|
Media Mail Eligible
Media Mail® shipping from the US Postal Service is the cost-effective way to ship Books, Software and DVDs. With shipping rates starting at only $5.00, it's the most affordable shipping method available.