A large-format, fun, comprehensive workbook and instruction book for children and adults ranging from those with a basic chess foundation up to the above-average tournament player.
Attacking the Chess King Workbook presents hundreds of attacking patterns from significant master and grandmaster games. Become a successful attacker and win more games with this book in the Chess Detective® Workbook series.
Learn how to identify and create king position weakness, position the pieces for attack, and clear a path to the opponent’s king.
Cover in detail strategies, attacking patterns, and methodologies to hunt the opponent’s king.
- 200 problems with comprehensive answer key at two skill levels: Basset Hound (novice to intermediate) and Chess Detective (intermediate to advanced)
- Common mistakes to avoid during each phase of the game
- How to think during the game on your time and your opponent’s time
- Chess quotes from famous chess players
- Fun and entertaining illustrations