The astounding success of How To Study Chess on Your Own made clear that there are thousands of chess players who want to improve their game. And chess players like to work on their training at least partially by themselves. The bestselling book by GM Kuljasevic offered a structured approach and provided the training plans. Due to popular demand, Kuljasevic now presents a Workbook with the accompanying exercises and training tools a chess student can use to immediately start his training.
Most workbooks offer puzzles and puzzles only. But Kuljasevic has used his experience as a coach to create a broader and more interesting training schedule. You will be challenged by tasks like these:
- Solve positional play puzzles
- Find the best move – and find the mini-plan
- Play out a typical middlegame structure – against a friend or against an engine, carefully set a an appropriate level
- Simulation – study and replay a strategic model game
- Analyze – try to understand a given middlegame position