The perfect playing partner for all chess enthusiasts. With color display, many learning and help functions and a playing strength of up to 2,200 ELO.
The new ChessGenius Pro with its color display offers fun for all players - while being easy and intuitive to use. The PLAY button easily starts new games: with white, with black, in 2-player mode or from a specific position. The powerful processor delivers lightning-fast response times at all game levels. The design has been completely modernized compared to the previous model: super slim, modern and with stylish pieces that fit well in the hand.
You can set an almost unlimited number of difficulty levels. Tournament levels are available for particularly strong players, which challenge even very good club players with up to 2,200 ELO. The easy game levels have been further optimized so that even absolute chess beginners can win. Up to 12 games can be stored and reloaded in the device. Alternative computer moves, different playing styles and 3 options for the opening books round off the chess experience. For maximum freedom, a level with freely adjustable times, number of moves and increment is available.
AI functions for real chess fun
The chess computer can abandon games or offer draws. The optionally switchable chess trainer warns of bad moves, offers their retraction and makes improvement suggestions for better moves. The help button shows possible moves in the game - either for all pieces or only for the selected piece. Even the names of the openings played are shown on the display if desired.
The ChessGenius Pro is equipped with the latest version of MILLENNIUM HighSensity pressure sensor technology. The extra smooth and extra large chess board of 20 x 20 cm ensures maximum playing fun! The high-contrast color display with the modern user interface is inspired by smartphones and allows quick access to all functions. With 14 languages for all menu and help texts, there is the right language for everyone! All menu items are provided with help texts in the selected language. You don't know what a certain setting does? One press of the ? button and you know - without the need for an instruction manual! Power saving: The device works with batteries, NiMH rechargeable batteries or the optional M811 power supply. The device detects periods of non-use and then automatically switches to power saving mode.
On the road
The magnetic pieces allow the game even on the go. They are easily and safely stored in the included cotton piece bag. The main switch on the back of the device allows you to completely disconnect the power supply. So you can simply take your ChessGenius Pro with you and play wherever you happen to be spending your free hours.
The software: ChessGenius
The chess computer contains one of the most famous chess engines of all times: ChessGenius by Richard Lang. The Englishman, with his 10 world championship titles in computer chess, is without a doubt considered one of the most successful chess programmers of all time. ChessGenius Pro includes the latest version of his legendary program.
The changes are visual as well, new pieces in an exclusive white and black, along with felt and significantly improved sensor board and pressure point.
- Significantly improved sensor board with smooth-running pressure point
- 5x faster processor
- 5x more RAM memory
- Automatic power supply detection-connected power supply switches off the sleep mode during 24 hours for long term analyzing
- Three different options for Openings:
- No opening book, computer calculates by itself
- "Classic London Book" of 57,000 positions (3x larger)
- "Modern Book" with over 100,000 positions completely new library of modern opening variations by HIARCS.
- Improved sleep mode with extended wake cycles
- Display of move numbers in INFO mode
- New "Mate in X" feature for problem solving
Overall, the Pro is a significant performance improvement, an ideal choice for improving, regular, or ambitious players. The playing algorithms and therefore playing style is adjusted and enhanced.
Due to the increased processor performance it's recommended to use an AC power supply sold separately. The battery operation is fine, however the playing time rates well below that of the previous model.
Playing levels and playing difficulty:
- Countless levels especially for beginners
- Virtually unlimited number of levels of difficulty
- Includes demanding tournament levels suitable for skilled players
- Average time per move
- Max overall duration of game
- Special "Mate in X" stage for problem solving
- Shows suggested moves (best, second, third best etc. moves given position)
Especially for chess experts
- Choice of 2 libraries of opening moves: the "Classic London Book", with approximately 57,000 positions, and the "Modern Book", with more than 100,000 positions
- Versatile analysis mode (text displays and chessboard display)
- Display analysis of positions, main variants and move number
- Enter any chess position
Especially for novices
- Chess trainer: Warns about bad moves, offers to take them back
- Makes suggestions for improvement to help make better moves
- Help function: Shows all permitted moves
Features and ease of use
- Convenient menu system makes it easy to adjust system settings
- Large back-lit display: shows the entire chessboard, plus help text and menu system text
- Extra-large chessboard: 20 x 20 cm (7.9 x 7.9 in) playing area
- Multilingual user interface
- Different match modes: Player vs. computer, player vs. player etc.
- Improved energy saving mode with longer active times
- Power port for AC adapter
- Automatic power supply detection to switch off the power-saving mode in network operation
Processor: ARM Cortex M4 / 120 MHz, RAM: 160 KB
Chessboard: Pressure sensor board, Millennium HighSensity technology br />Display with illumination: Yes
Menu operation: 14 languages, text-based
Languages: DEU / ENG / FRE / NLD /SPA / ITA / POL / DAN / SWE / FIN / NOR / CES / HUN / SLO
Software: ChessGenius 2016
Power supply: 4 x AA alkaline batteries, unit M811
Power port available (Adapter sold separately)
Dimensions: approx. 29.5 x 21.2 x 2.5 cm
Chessboard dimensions: 20 x 20 cm