Crushing Strategy - EMPIRE CHESS
Description / Crushing Strategy - EMPIRE CHESS
To be a top player you must have a good grasp of chess strategy – this involves accurately evaluating a position, setting goals and forming a long-term plan to realize those goals. This is not as easy as it might sound – most club players never really get a good feel for strategic thinking.
Tactics involve calculations that can tax the human brain, but when you boil them down, they are actually the simplest part of chess and are almost trivial compared to strategy. – Garry Kasparov
If you want to improve your strategic play then it is important to study GM level strategic games with clear explanations. This was the inspiration for this Course from GM Damian Lemos, “Crushing Strategy”.
Featuring 4 deeply analyzed games, GM Lemos reveals what the winners saw in the position that their opponent did not and the thinking process that allowed them to create a long-term strategy. It is this way of looking at the position and formulating a plan which will be of great help in taking the ambitious chess player’s game to the next level.
The misconceptions of the unfortunate losers (all very strong players) are examined so we can learn from their mistakes.
• Analyzing move orders for the most efficient execution of the plan
• Converting one advantage into another
• Creating a winning endgame many moves before it is reached
• Provoking weaknesses from your opponent
• Playing without risk
• When and how to modify a plan
If you want to be able to look at a position and see what your opponents can’t and win games without them understanding how they lost, then get yourself a copy of “Crushing Strategy”.
Advanced Chess Course Edition! – Highlights• Exclusive Grandmaster/Master Video by a brilliant presenter. We preselect only the most compelling and interesting Grandmasters and Masters to make DVDs for us.
• Highest quality audio and video available with Grandmaster Webcam. No more wasted time listening to low quality videos where it’s hard to hear the audio and video.
• In depth text chapter summaries in PDF format of each DVD’s content to easily reference if you need a quick refresher on a specific topic.
• 20 relevant and challenging practice problems per disc with solutions so you can test your learning and knowledge.
• PGNs included for every game so you can plug the games into your favorite chess engine.
• Brought to you by iChess.net – The World Leaders in DVD education.
- The Maroczy Bind: Kotsur – Egorov, 1996
- The Queenside Attack: Murey – Tsesarsky, 1997
- The Squeeze: Portisch – Krasenkow, 1996
- One Step Ahead: Agdestein – Bacrot, 1997
|Popular Collections||Empire Chess|
|Publication Date||Nov 12, 2015|
|Region Lock||None - Playable Anywhere|
|Hardware Requirements||Standard DVD Player|
Returns & Exchanges
Computer Software and DVDs that come on Physical Media (such as CD-ROMs and DVD-ROMS) can only be returned or exchanged if the product is in its original, shrinkwrapped packaging and has not been installed or used in any way. Once you open the packaging of a Computer Software or DVD title, it can only be exchanged for a new copy of the same title and only if the original media is defective. There are NO exceptions to this rule.
Requires DVD Player
A DVD player is a device that plays discs produced under both the DVD-Video and DVD-Audio technical standards, two different and incompatible standards. Some DVD players will also play audio CDs. DVD players are connected to a television to watch the DVD content, which could be a movie, a recorded TV show, or other content.
Media Mail Eligible
Media Mail® shipping from the US Postal Service is the cost-effective way to ship Books, Software and DVDs. With shipping rates starting at only $5.00, it's the most affordable shipping method available.