Description / Komodo Dragon 3 and CHESSBASE MEGA 16 Bundle
KOMODO DRAGON 3
NEURAL NETWORK CHESS EVALUATION
The new Komodo Dragon 3 engine has gained 100 Elo points in playing strength over its predecessor when using a processor core in blitz. That's a huge improvement for a program that already reached at an Elo level of over 3500!
The gain is even greater (120 to 130 Elo points) for unbalanced openings, e.g. rare variations or gambits. On multiple cores or longer time controls the Elo gain can be somewhat smaller, due to the higher draw range.
Better playing strength = faster analysis
The absolute gain in playing strength also offers real practical advantages: Komodo Dragon 3 takes only about a quarter of the time to play or analyze at the same level as Dragon 2! Or it plays better chess in the same time on a single core than its predecessor did on four cores. The large Elo increase is due to a new net structure for NNUE with a corresponding new net, as well as various optimizations and improvements in the search.
One for all: Playing strength freely selectable between Elo 1 and 3500
The previous playing level scheme model has been replaced in Komodo Dragon 3 with arbitrarily adjustable Elo strength settings from 1 to a maximum of 3500. The Elo values refer to human play in rapid chess and are can be used to ensure balanced games. With reduced playing strength the engine makes the kind of mistakes that are to be expected from humans with rating level that is set. The Elo settings of Komodo Dragon 3 have been tested and tuned against many human players, of various playing strengths. It was optimized in the GM level in many rapid chess games against GM Alex Lenderman, who is part of the Komodo development team
Chessbase 16 Mega
Chessbase is a personal, stand-alone chess database that has become the standard throughout the world. Everyone uses ChessBase, from the World Champion to the amateur next door. It is the program of choice for anyone who loves the game and wants to know more about it. Start your personal success story with ChessBase and enjoy your chess even more.
WHAT YOU CAN DO WITH CHESSBASE:
Retrieve games according to openings, players and tournaments; generate tournament cross tables and full graphic statistics of players or openings; “Similarity search” shows all games with similar pawn structures, sacrifice patterns, endgame positions, etc.; “Let’s check”*: access the world’s largest database of in-depth analysis (more than 200 million positions); Cloud analysis: analysis of a single position with several engines from different computers running in parallel; “Deep analysis”: generates an analysis tree that changes dynamically, as with time weaker variations are dropped; one click annotates your game with the “Theoretical Novelty”; merge games on the fly into an opening tree; generate a player’s dossier containing all available information from the database; generate a comprehensive openings report with main and critical lines, plans and most important games; single click publication of games on the Internet; print games in superb quality with diagrams and multiple columns; automatic update of your local reference database with the weekly installments of games (one year); access to the ChessBase online database with over eight million games*; mobile access with the new ChessBase Account*.
New in Chess Base 16:
- Repertoire recommendations for every move with a single click. With a choice of focus: Main Variations, Fashion, Side Lines, Attacking, Gambits, Endgame
- Better overview when playing through deeply analysed games thanks to dynamic folding of the notation
- Urgent news about recently played innovations with direct access to the database
- Preparation for opponents with recognition of their weaknesses taking into account your own repertoire
- Innovations and trends as annotations in Tactical Analysis
- Update service for MegaDatabase with a single click
- After an update to Megadatabase, overview of important recent innovations and theoretical trends.
- Search for characteristic tactical positions in an opening variation
- Slimmed down search booster: required hard disk space halved
Minimum: Pentium-PC, 1 GB RAM, Windows 7, DirectX9 graphics card with 256 MB RAM, DVD-ROM drive, Windows Media Player 9 and Internet access to activate the program, ChessBase Cloud and updates. Recommended: PC Intel Core i7, 2.8 GHz, 8 GB RAM, Windows 10, DirectX10 graphics card (or compatible) with 512 MB RAM or more, Windows Media Player, , Adobe Flash Player (Live coverage), DVD ROM drive, Full HD Monitor and Internet access to activate the program, ChessBase Cloud and updates.
Mega Database 2021
The ChessBase Mega Database 2021 is the premiere chess database with over eight million games from 1560 to 2020 in high quality. Packing more than 85,000 annotated games, Mega 2021 contains the world‘s largest collection of high-class analysed games. Train like a pro! Prepare for your opponents with ChessBase and the Mega Database 2021. Let grandmasters explain how to best handle your favorite variations, improve your repertoire and much more.
- Includes Mega Update Service 2021: update your Mega with your ChessBase 15/16 program every week with over 5,000 new games. That’s about 250,000 new games by the end of 2021!
- New, easier to use design!
- Direct access to the games of all the World Championships, among the over 450 years of chess knowledge.
- Player lexicon for download with over 586,000 player names and more than 40,000 player photos (only with ChessBase 14, 15 or 16)
System requirements: Pentium PC, 2 GB RAM, Windows 10 or 8.1, DVD-ROM drive, ChessBase 16, 15 or 14, Internet access (downloads).
CB 16 – Mega Package
- ChessBase 16 Programm
- Mega Database 2021
- Database-Update-Service through end of 2021
- Access to the Live-Database (8 million games)*
- ChessBase Magazine subscription for a full year (6 issues)
- Full year Premium membership for playchess and for the ChessBase Accounts
- 250 ChessBase Ducats
|ISBN||Does not apply|
|System Requirements||Pentium III 1 GHz, 2 GB RAM, Windows Vista, XP (Service Pack 3), 7/8, DirectX9, 256 MB graphics card, DVD-ROM drive, Windows Media Player 9 and Internet access for program activation, access to Playchess.com, Let’s Check and program updates.|
|Popular Collections||ChessBase 16|
|Publication Date||May 16, 2022|
|No. of Computer Installs||Up to 3 Computers|
|Windows 10 Compatible||Yes|
Pentium III 1 GHz, 2 GB RAM, Windows Vista, XP (Service Pack 3), 7/8, DirectX9, 256 MB graphics card, DVD-ROM drive, Windows Media Player 9 and Internet access for program activation, access to Playchess.com, Let’s Check and program updates.
Media Mail Eligible
Media Mail® shipping from the US Postal Service is the cost-effective way to ship Books, Software and DVDs. With shipping rates starting at only $5.00, it's the most affordable shipping method available.