The new Fritz18 engine has become about 30-40 Elo points stronger, but that is of no practical relevance. The current engines are only tested against other engines. For normal analysis, all engines find the best move within a few milliseconds in 99.99% of positions. That is why we have based our analysis on practical utility: Fritz simulates a strong club player and LEADS you with subtle hints to a strong attack you can be proud of. You have never trained with so much fun.
The new mode " Evolving Genius " is an outstanding innovation! You learn to play an attacking game interactively. You play against Fritz set as a strong club player (or adjustable in levels: amateur to grandmaster), who makes no obvious mistakes, but whom you will masterfully outplay. This is possible thanks to AI-supported game management. The old handicap levels are not comparable to this, because they only led to gross mistakes that were easy to see. Here, however, you learn to attack, to play actively, which you would not dare to do in a normal game against a human opponent. With Fritz18 you can train exactly that! And as a result you play real brilliant games! In addition to the "guided" attacking game, we visualise the engine calculations: how well are your pieces positioned? King security? Activity? Sharpness of the position? etc. The "game value" of Fritz18 is massively better! The new Fritz18 engine has become about 30-40 Elo points stronger, but that is of no practical relevance. The current engines are only tested against other engines. For normal analysis, all engines find the best move within a few milliseconds in 99.99% of positions. That is why we have based our analysis on practical utility: Fritz simulates a strong club player and LEADS you with subtle hints to a strong attack you can be proud of. You have never trained with so much fun.
- Evolving Genius: Fritz shows you what you are capable of being: an attacking player who can conjure up magnificent brilliancies over the board! The new playing mode leads you via a clever choice of variations to brilliant sacrificial combinations.
- Intelligent tips: Fritz provides subtle hints which do not give away too much but which make it possible for you to be in control of difficult positions.
- Visual evaluation: Much better than just a single number! Piece placement, pawn structure, king safety, activity and sharpness of the position displayed graphically in the engine window.
- New chess board in Direct2D technology with a fresh look and improved animation
- New engine analysis: Interesting threats, appealing ideas and the game continuation are automatically analysed at the same time in multi-variation mode.
- Animated engine variations: Intuitive display of the best continuation on the board
- Improved calculation training to give your Elo a quick boost.
- Stronger Fritz 18 engine by Frank Schneider, optimised for short time controls.
Minimum: PC Intel i3 or i5 or Ryzen 3, 4 GB RAM, Windows 8.1(32- or 64-bit), DirectX11, graphics card with 512 MB RAM, DVD-ROM-drive, Windows Media Player and Internet access. Recommended: PC Intel i7, i9 or Ryzen 7/9, 8 GB RAM, Windows 11 or 10 with 64-
Fritz Powerbook 2023
The Fritz Powerbook 2023 contains 25 millions opening positions, derived from 1.7 million high class tournament games. Together with each position all relevant information is stored: all moves that were played in the position, by players of what average rating, with what success and performance results. The games from which the Fritz Powerbook 2023 were derived (except the Corr Games) are also included on the DVD or download version. The Fritz Powerbook 2023 represents the state of the art of current openings theory. The FritzPowerbook was derived also from the best 100,000 games from the Correspondence 2022 Database to enhance even more the theoretical value of moves given by the book. With the 2023 edition you get 3 Books: Fritz Powerbook, Strongbook and the CorrBook.
Discover exciting and tricky new lines and practice them against Fritz. In addition the DVD has a small but very exclusive book with the strongest GM games (ELO >= 2550) from the past 100 years (2.7 Mio positions) and StrongBook Games Database.