KOMODO DRAGON 3
NEURAL NETWORK CHESS EVALUATION
The new Komodo Dragon 3 engine has gained 100 Elo points in playing strength over its predecessor when using a processor core in blitz. That's a huge improvement for a program that already reached at an Elo level of over 3500!
The gain is even greater (120 to 130 Elo points) for unbalanced openings, e.g. rare variations or gambits. On multiple cores or longer time controls the Elo gain can be somewhat smaller, due to the higher draw range.
Better playing strength = faster analysis
The absolute gain in playing strength also offers real practical advantages: Komodo Dragon 3 takes only about a quarter of the time to play or analyze at the same level as Dragon 2! Or it plays better chess in the same time on a single core than its predecessor did on four cores. The large Elo increase is due to a new net structure for NNUE with a corresponding new net, as well as various optimizations and improvements in the search.
One for all: Playing strength freely selectable between Elo 1 and 3500
The previous playing level scheme model has been replaced in Komodo Dragon 3 with arbitrarily adjustable Elo strength settings from 1 to a maximum of 3500. The Elo values refer to human play in rapid chess and are can be used to ensure balanced games. With reduced playing strength the engine makes the kind of mistakes that are to be expected from humans with rating level that is set. The Elo settings of Komodo Dragon 3 have been tested and tuned against many human players, of various playing strengths. It was optimized in the GM level in many rapid chess games against GM Alex Lenderman, who is part of the Komodo development team
Chessbase 17 Mega
ChessBase is a personal, stand-alone chess database that has become the standard throughout the world. Everyone uses ChessBase, from the World Champion to the amateur next door. It is the program of choice for anyone who loves the game and wants to know more about it. Start your personal success story with ChessBase and enjoy the game even more.
WHAT YOU CAN DO WITH CHESSBASE:
Retrieve games according to openings, players and tournaments; generate tournament cross tables and full graphic statistics of players or openings; “Similarity search” shows all games with similar pawn structures, sacrifice patterns, endgame positions, etc.; “Let’s check”*: access the world’s largest database of in-depth analysis (more than 200 million positions); “Instant Analysis”: Any unannotated game is analysed almost without delay immediately on loading (optional). “Assisted Analysis”: as you enter a game, whenever you click on a piece an evaluation is produced for all its possible target squares; “Tactical Analysis” will annotate game, inserting commentary, variations and diagrams, before strong moves or errors, into a game or an entire database. It will also point out combinations, played in the game or missed, tries, attacks, initiative, and of course the latest in openings theory; Cloud analysis: you can analyse positions simultaneously with several engines from on different computers running in parallel; “Deep analysis”: generates an analysis tree that changes dynamically, as with time weaker variations are dropped; automatic analysis jobs for correspondence games; “Replay Training”: Playing through a game with the notation hidden and automatic training questions with tips for each individual move. Extended reference search for openings shows increase/decrease in popularity and typical recurring endgames; merge games on the fly into an opening tree; Repertoire recommendations for every move with a single click; generate a dossier containing all available information on a specific player from the database; Preparation for opponents with recognition of their weaknesses; generate a comprehensive openings report with main and critical lines, plans and most important games; Urgent news about recently played innovations; Search for characteristic tactical positions in an opening variation single click publication of games on the Internet; Improved search mask with tactical motifs and examples for manoeuvres and material distribution; Completely new search booster for patterns and plans; print games in superb quality with diagrams and multiple columns; Crisp new 3D boards thanks to raytracing technology; automatic update of your local reference database with the weekly installments of games (one year); access to the ChessBase online database with over eight million games*, mobile access with the ChessBase Account
New in Chess Base 17:
- New data format: fewer files, more functions, more comfort, more speed.
- Engine analysis renovated: Variants are automatically verbally annotated, forced continuations are recognized, “buddy heuristics” for greater search depth!
- Pearl search: Find spectacular games instantly! Beautiful games are marked in the database list.
- Optimised program interface: high-resolution 2D board, faster graphics.New clearer search mask: material & positional searches simplified, immediate feedback on expected results.
- Intelligent position input: when setting up pieces, you are shown the games where those positions occur.
- Dozens of detail improvements for improved usability, e.g. automatic loading of the last edited game.
- Control via One-Drive: all database paths can be set in the options dialogue.
- Newly structured game notation: with intelligent folding and symbols.
- Modern integrated browser for all database texts.
- More insight: Visualisation of attack correlations (optional).
- Dark Mode: darkened program interface.
Minimum: Desktop PC or Notebook, 4 Threads, 8 GB RAM, Windows 8.1 64bit, DirectX 10 graphics card with 1 GB RAM, DVD ROM drive (when ordered by post), Internet access to activate the program, ChessBase Cloud and updates.
Mega Database 2023
The ChessBase Mega Database 2023 is the premiere chess database with over 9.75 million games from 1475 to 2022 in high quality. Packing more than 110,000 annotated games, Mega 2023 contains the world‘s largest collection of high-class analysed games. Train like a pro! Prepare for your opponents with ChessBase and the Mega Database 2023. Let grandmasters explain how to best handle your favorite variations, improve your repertoire and much more
- 9.75 million games contains the Mega Database 2023
- Includes Mega Update Service 2023: update your Mega with your ChessBase 17/16 program every week with over 5,000 new games. That’s about 250,000 new games by the end of 2023!
- Enlarged Tournament menu!
- Comfortable menu and more top-level tournaments than ever before!
- More than 110,000 annotated games
- Direct access to the games of all the World Championships, among the over 450 years of chess knowledge. • Direct acees to Top Tournaments, Games, CrossTable and more • Player
- lexicon for download with over 600,000 player names and more than 40,000 player photos (only with ChessBase 17 or 16
System requirements: Desktop PC or Notebook, 2 GB RAM, Windows 11, 10 or 8.1, DVD-ROM drive (if ordered with Postal Delivery), ChessBase 16 or 15, Internet access (downloads).
CB 17 – Mega Package
- ChessBase 17 Program (Multi-Language Version: EN, ES, FR, IT, NL, GER)
- Mega Database 2023
- Database-Update-Service through end of 2023
- access to the Live-Database (9,75 million games) *
- ChessBase Magazine subscription for a full year (6 issues)
- Full year Premium membership for playchess and for the ChessBase Accounts
- 250 ChessBase Ducats