Improve Your Opening Play
Chris Ward unravels the secrets of the Sicilian, the mysteries of the Modern and the fundamentals of the French. He emphasises the need to understand the key elements of each opening rather than simply memorise a series of complicated variations which leave you stranded if the opponent varies from the expected route.
Improve Your Middlegame Play
Andrew Kinsman uses examples from practical play to develop tactical and positional skills and awareness to enable you to make the most of your opportunities in the middlegame.
Improve Your Endgame Play
- Deals with every important opening
- Explains the basic ideas of tactical and positional play
- Provides numerous exercises for readers to test themselves
- Explains the important principles of every type of ending
- Easy step-by-step guide to better endgame play
- Revolutionary layout to help readers absorb key ideas