Mastering the Middlegame II - EMPIRE CHESS
Description / Mastering the Middlegame II - EMPIRE CHESS
For most players, playing a beautiful attacking sacrifice, destroying the defense and checkmating the King is the most exciting way to win games. The final combinations are rarely the most difficult part of a successful attack, however.
Tactics flow from a superior position – Bobby Fischer
The real sign of a strong chess player is the ability to build the superior position in the first place. This requires a broad positional understanding and knowledge of techniques. “Mastering the Middlegame” sets out to provide you with exactly those skills.
Grandmaster Damian Lemos analyzes 4 amazing games, including wins by Magnus Carlsen and Alexander Grischuk, that demonstrate strategic decisions and positional methods which will seriously boost your rating. Each game finishes with a spectacular breakthrough that will give you new tactical patterns to use as well as train your calculation.
From evaluating sacrifices and balancing attack with defense to strategic manoeuvres and handling different pawn structures, GM Lemos’ clear and instructive commentary will enable you to instantly understand the position, make the correct decision and win with flawless technique.
After studying “Mastering the Middlegame” your games will be full of ever increasing advantages, irresistible pressure and fantastic tactical finishes.
Advanced Chess Course Edition! – Highlights• Exclusive Grandmaster/Master Video by a brilliant presenter. We preselect only the most compelling and interesting Grandmasters and Masters to make DVDs for us.
• Highest quality audio and video available with Grandmaster Webcam. No more wasted time listening to low quality videos where it’s hard to hear the audio and video.
• In depth text chapter summaries in PDF format of each DVD’s content to easily reference if you need a quick refresher on a specific topic.
• 20 relevant and challenging practice problems per disc with solutions so you can test your learning and knowledge.
• PGNs included for every game so you can plug the games into your favorite chess engine.
• Brought to you by iChess.net – The World Leaders in DVD education.
- Nepomnishay – Ionov, 1997
- Carlsen – Nielsen, 2004
- Grischuk – Kamsky, 2005
- Landa – Shaposhnikov, 2005
|Popular Collections||Empire Chess|
|Publication Date||Nov 12, 2015|
|Region Lock||None - Playable Anywhere|
|Hardware Requirements||Standard DVD Player|
Requires DVD Player
A DVD player is a device that plays discs produced under both the DVD-Video and DVD-Audio technical standards, two different and incompatible standards. Some DVD players will also play audio CDs. DVD players are connected to a television to watch the DVD content, which could be a movie, a recorded TV show, or other content.
Media Mail Eligible
Media Mail® shipping from the US Postal Service is the cost-effective way to ship Books, Software and DVDs. With shipping rates starting at only $5.00, it's the most affordable shipping method available.