Crushing Black with the Scotch Opening - EMPIRE CHESSKiller Openings for White
Description / Crushing Black with the Scotch Opening - EMPIRE CHESS
Destroy your opponents with this dynamic weapon against 1…e5 players!
Tired of long theoretical Ruy Lopez games? Bored of having to face the Berlin Defense? Take your opponent into different territory early on by hitting them with the Scotch!
This dynamic opening offers White both great attacking chances and a completely sound position and has been used to great effect by both Garry Kasparov and Magnus Carlsen – a high recommendation!
The Scotch Opening gives White:• More space in the center
• Quick development
• The option to castle Queenside and start a pawn storm on Black’s King
• Great squares for the pieces
• Many ways to win the Bishop pair and damage Black’s pawn structure
• Subtle moves that restrict Black’s game by preventing the …d5 break
• A better endgame
All this, if you know how to handle the White side.
With a deep examination of 8 Super GM games, Grandmaster Damian Lemos shows you how White can play for an advantage every step of the way – regardless of Black’s continuation.
If Black plays the aggressive 4…Qh4 then we will develop in such a way that he is soon overwhelmed by our pieces and facing a very dangerous attack.
If Black plays the main line with 4…Nf6 then we will quickly get a long-term positional advantage and leave his pieces on inferior squares.
4…Bb4+ might be played, encouraging c3 taking away the square for our Knight. Garry Kasparov shows us why we should be happy to do this!
Black’s logical Bc5 also plays into our hands. This Bishop will be exchanged and we will start a fearsome onslaught against the Black King.
Stop playing what your opponent wants you to play and start Crushing Black with the Scotch Opening!
RELOADED Edition! – Highlights• Exclusive Grandmaster/Master Video by a brilliant presenter. We preselect only the most compelling and interesting Grandmasters and Masters to make DVDs for us.
• Highest quality audio and video available with Grandmaster Webcam. No more wasted time listening to low quality videos where it’s hard to hear the audio and video.
• In depth text chapter summaries in PDF format of each DVD’s content to easily reference if you need a quick refresher on a specific topic.
• 20 relevant and challenging practice problems per disc with solutions so you can test your learning and knowledge.
• PGNs included for every game so you can plug the games into your favorite chess engine.
• Brought to you by OnlineChessLessons.net – The World Leaders in DVD education.
1. Carlsen – Ponomariov (4…Bc5)
2. Carlsen – Naiditsch (4…Bc5)
3. Ivanchuk – Topalov (4…Bc5)
4. Kasparov – Unzicker (4…Bb4+)
5. Kasimdzhanov – Vladimirov (4…Qh4)
6. Granda Zuniga – Ninov (4…Nf6)
7. Balkan-Aleksandrov and van der Wiel-van der Sterren (4…Nf6)
|Popular Collections||Empire Chess|
|Publication Date||Nov 12, 2015|
|Region Lock||None - Playable Anywhere|
|Hardware Requirements||Standard DVD Player|
Returns & Exchanges
Computer Software and DVDs that come on Physical Media (such as CD-ROMs and DVD-ROMS) can only be returned or exchanged if the product is in its original, shrinkwrapped packaging and has not been installed or used in any way. Once you open the packaging of a Computer Software or DVD title, it can only be exchanged for a new copy of the same title and only if the original media is defective. There are NO exceptions to this rule.
Requires DVD Player
A DVD player is a device that plays discs produced under both the DVD-Video and DVD-Audio technical standards, two different and incompatible standards. Some DVD players will also play audio CDs. DVD players are connected to a television to watch the DVD content, which could be a movie, a recorded TV show, or other content.
Media Mail Eligible
Media Mail® shipping from the US Postal Service is the cost-effective way to ship Books, Software and DVDs. With shipping rates starting at only $5.00, it's the most affordable shipping method available.