Crushing White with the Caro-Kann Defense - EMPIRE CHESS
Description / Crushing White with the Caro-Kann Defense - EMPIRE CHESS
Join World Champions Capablanca, Botvinnik, Petrosian and Karpov in making the Caro-Kann your weapon of choice against 1.e4.
These chess legends knew that behind the quiet appearance of 1…c6 is a formidable system based on sound positional principles and containing hidden venom.
One of the secrets of the Caro-Kann is that Black has a clear plan of development and no weaknesses meaning any attempts by White to force an advantage will often be a mistake. Know how to exploit it and victory is yours!
Now you can learn an opening you can rely on for your entire career with GM Maxim Dlugy. Dlugy is one of the foremost experts on the Caro-Kann, having played it at the highest level for over 30 years and used it to beat 2750-2800 players like Vassily Ivanchuk, Teimour Radjabov, Gata Kamsky and Alexander Morozevich.
Over the course of nearly 3 hours, Dlugy reveals all the weaknesses in White’s position and exactly how to take advantage of them with in-depth analyses of 10 instructive games, including the wins over the 4 players mentioned above.
You will learn:• how to undermine White’s center to seize a winning space advantage
• how to place your Bishops to deliver spectacular mating threats
• how to isolate White’s d-pawn – and the strategy to convert this small edge into a win
• how to prevent the sacrifice that beat Garry Kasparov
• the Queen move that GM Dlugy loves to play in any variation of the Caro-Kann
• and much more!
It’s time to become an expert in an opening and start crushing White with the Caro-Kann!
RELOADED Edition! – Highlights• Exclusive Grandmaster/Master Video by a brilliant presenter. We preselect only the most compelling and interesting Grandmasters and Masters to make DVDs for us.
• Highest quality audio and video available with Grandmaster Webcam. No more wasted time listening to low quality videos where it’s hard to hear the audio and video.
• In depth text chapter summaries in PDF format of each DVD’s content to easily reference if you need a quick refresher on a specific topic.
• 20 relevant and challenging practice problems per disc with solutions so you can test your learning and knowledge.
• PGNs included for every game so you can plug the games into your favorite chess engine.
• Brought to you by iChess.net – The World Leaders in DVD education.
1. Morozevich – Dlugy
2. Peters – Dlugy
3. Abramovic – Dlugy
4. Radjabov – Dlugy
|Popular Collections||Empire Chess|
|Publication Date||Nov 12, 2015|
|Region Lock||None - Playable Anywhere|
|Hardware Requirements||Standard DVD Player|
Returns & Exchanges
Computer Software and DVDs that come on Physical Media (such as CD-ROMs and DVD-ROMS) can only be returned or exchanged if the product is in its original, shrinkwrapped packaging and has not been installed or used in any way. Once you open the packaging of a Computer Software or DVD title, it can only be exchanged for a new copy of the same title and only if the original media is defective. There are NO exceptions to this rule.
Requires DVD Player
A DVD player is a device that plays discs produced under both the DVD-Video and DVD-Audio technical standards, two different and incompatible standards. Some DVD players will also play audio CDs. DVD players are connected to a television to watch the DVD content, which could be a movie, a recorded TV show, or other content.
Media Mail Eligible
Media Mail® shipping from the US Postal Service is the cost-effective way to ship Books, Software and DVDs. With shipping rates starting at only $5.00, it's the most affordable shipping method available.