Dominant Defense - EMPIRE CHESS
Description / Dominant Defense - EMPIRE CHESS
Chess legends Viktor Korchnoi and Tigran Petrosian were famous for their incredible defensive skills. They were such masters of the art of defense that they actually encouraged their opponents to attack them, knowing that they would give away too much material or ruin their position trying to make an attack work.
In attack, players are too optimistic. In defense, too pessimistic. Change this and you will have a big advantage over your opponents.
Strengthening your defensive play is one of the best ways to increase your rating as it is generally a weak area for most players. Everyone enjoys attacking but soon crack under the pressure when they have to defend. However, the pressure should be on the attacker. With the right instruction you can learn to defend like a Grandmaster, avoid losses and gain wins.
To help improve your defensive chess, GM Damian Lemos has produced “Dominant Defense”, covering 4 games from the highest level, featuring world class defending from the likes of Topalov and Anand. As they demonstrate, defending does not mean holding on for a draw, it means staying safe whilst your opponent makes concessions then pouncing at the right moment.
In this Course you will learn:• how to remain calm and objective when defending
• how to analyze whether a sacrifice is actually dangerous or whether you should encourage it
• how to spot the weaknesses in the attacker’s position – and exploit them at the right time
• when to return sacrificed material to give yourself an easier game
• when to play solidly and when to play actively
• how to turn your opponent’s attack into your attack
After studying these games you will be willing your opponents to attack you, knowing that you will defend successfully and come out on top!
Advanced Chess Course Edition! – Highlights• Exclusive Grandmaster/Master Video by a brilliant presenter. We preselect only the most compelling and interesting Grandmasters and Masters to make DVDs for us.
• Highest quality audio and video available with Grandmaster Webcam. No more wasted time listening to low quality videos where it’s hard to hear the audio and video.
• In depth text chapter summaries in PDF format of each DVD’s content to easily reference if you need a quick refresher on a specific topic.
• 20 relevant and challenging practice problems per disc with solutions so you can test your learning and knowledge.
• PGNs included for every game so you can plug the games into your favorite chess engine.
• Brought to you by iChess.net – The World Leaders in DVD education.
- Palkovi – Varga, 1996
- Ivanchuk – Topalov, 1996
- Illescas Cordoba – Anand, 1997
- Yusupov – Kengis, 1997
|Popular Collections||Empire Chess|
|Publication Date||Nov 12, 2015|
|Region Lock||None - Playable Anywhere|
|Hardware Requirements||Standard DVD Player|
Returns & Exchanges
Computer Software and DVDs that come on Physical Media (such as CD-ROMs and DVD-ROMS) can only be returned or exchanged if the product is in its original, shrinkwrapped packaging and has not been installed or used in any way. Once you open the packaging of a Computer Software or DVD title, it can only be exchanged for a new copy of the same title and only if the original media is defective. There are NO exceptions to this rule.
Requires DVD Player
A DVD player is a device that plays discs produced under both the DVD-Video and DVD-Audio technical standards, two different and incompatible standards. Some DVD players will also play audio CDs. DVD players are connected to a television to watch the DVD content, which could be a movie, a recorded TV show, or other content.
Media Mail Eligible
Media Mail® shipping from the US Postal Service is the cost-effective way to ship Books, Software and DVDs. With shipping rates starting at only $5.00, it's the most affordable shipping method available.