Dominate Black with the Catalan Opening - EMPIRE CHESS
Description / Dominate Black with the Catalan Opening - EMPIRE CHESS
The Catalan Opening (1.d4 d5 2.c4 e6 3.g3 Nf6 4.Bg2) has experienced a resurgence in popularity with both Kramnik and Carlsen taking up the opening and achieving excellent positions and results.
With play on both sides being influenced more by strategic considerations than concrete variations, an understanding of the key themes will reward you with points over the board and an advancement of your chess knowledge.
GM Axel Delorme, a Catalan devotee, reveals the mysteries behind the opening with detailed analysis of games from the highest level including those of seven classical World Champions.
Even if you’re completely new to the Catalan Opening, this 3 hour course from French GM Axel Delorme will enable you to play the opening with great confidence and give you many ways of playing for the win.
RELOADED Edition! – Highlights• Exclusive Grandmaster/Master Video by a brilliant presenter. We preselect only the most compelling and interesting Grandmasters and Masters to make DVDs for us.
• Highest quality audio and video available with Grandmaster Webcam. No more wasted time listening to low quality videos where it’s hard to hear the audio and video.
• In depth text chapter summaries in PDF format of each DVD’s content to easily reference if you need a quick refresher on a specific topic.
• 20 relevant and challenging practice problems per disc with solutions so you can test your learning and knowledge.
• PGNs included for every game so you can plug the games into your favorite chess engine.
• Brought to you by iChess.net – The World Leaders in DVD education.
- The Closed Catalan, …c6 and …b6
- 8.a4!? against 4…Be7 and 6…dxc4
- How to play when Black keeps the pawn (…a6, …c6 and …b5)
- Carlsen plays the Catalan Opening (4…Bb4+, 5.Nc3!)
- Kramnik – Toplaov, 2014 and Conclusions
|Popular Collections||Empire Chess|
|Publication Date||Nov 12, 2015|
|Region Lock||None - Playable Anywhere|
|Hardware Requirements||Standard DVD Player|
Returns & Exchanges
Computer Software and DVDs that come on Physical Media (such as CD-ROMs and DVD-ROMS) can only be returned or exchanged if the product is in its original, shrinkwrapped packaging and has not been installed or used in any way. Once you open the packaging of a Computer Software or DVD title, it can only be exchanged for a new copy of the same title and only if the original media is defective. There are NO exceptions to this rule.
Requires DVD Player
A DVD player is a device that plays discs produced under both the DVD-Video and DVD-Audio technical standards, two different and incompatible standards. Some DVD players will also play audio CDs. DVD players are connected to a television to watch the DVD content, which could be a movie, a recorded TV show, or other content.
Media Mail Eligible
Media Mail® shipping from the US Postal Service is the cost-effective way to ship Books, Software and DVDs. With shipping rates starting at only $5.00, it's the most affordable shipping method available.