Dominating 1. d4 with the King's Indian Defense - EMPIRE CHESS
Description / Dominating 1. d4 with the King's Indian Defense - EMPIRE CHESS
The Kings Indian Defense (KID) is the perfect weapon against 1.d4 for players who like to play for a win with both colors.
A hypermodern opening, Black allows White to get a formidable center and then attacks it from the flanks. Characterized the potentially very strong Bishop on g7 and an early …d6, the King’s Indian has stood the test of time, being a favorite of both Bobby Fischer’s and Garry Kasparov’s.
Black is able to get a powerful Kingside attack going by advancing his f-pawn to f4, bringing his pieces over to the Kingside and often sacrificing material to checkmate White’s King.
Alongside the tactical themes, there are many positional considerations to be aware of and IM Jorge Ferreira reveals all of these as he guides you through 14 different variations, pointing out the common elements and the important distinctions.
Careful study of this 4 hour course will fully prepare you to play the Kings Indian with complete confidence and get excellent positions every time.
RELOADED Edition! – Highlights• Exclusive Grandmaster/Master Video by a brilliant presenter. We preselect only the most compelling and interesting Grandmasters and Masters to make DVDs for us.
• Highest quality audio and video available with Grandmaster Webcam. No more wasted time listening to low quality videos where it’s hard to hear the audio and video.
• In depth text chapter summaries in PDF format of each DVD’s content to easily reference if you need a quick refresher on a specific topic.
• 20 relevant and challenging practice problems per disc with solutions so you can test your learning and knowledge.
• Brought to you by iChess.net – The World Leaders in DVD education.
- Classical variation – introduction
- Classical variation – 9.Ne1 and 10.Be3
- Classical variation – 9.Ne1 without 10.Be3
- Classical variation – 9.Nd2
- Classical variation – 9.b4
- Classical variation – exchange variation
- Classical variation – Petrosian
- Classical variation – Gligoric
- Makogonov variation
- Fianchetto variation
- Four pawns attack
- Saemisch variation
- Averbakh variation
- Rare lines
|Popular Collections||Empire Chess|
|Publication Date||Nov 12, 2015|
|Region Lock||None - Playable Anywhere|
|Hardware Requirements||Standard DVD Player|
Returns & Exchanges
Computer Software and DVDs that come on Physical Media (such as CD-ROMs and DVD-ROMS) can only be returned or exchanged if the product is in its original, shrinkwrapped packaging and has not been installed or used in any way. Once you open the packaging of a Computer Software or DVD title, it can only be exchanged for a new copy of the same title and only if the original media is defective. There are NO exceptions to this rule.
Requires DVD Player
A DVD player is a device that plays discs produced under both the DVD-Video and DVD-Audio technical standards, two different and incompatible standards. Some DVD players will also play audio CDs. DVD players are connected to a television to watch the DVD content, which could be a movie, a recorded TV show, or other content.
Media Mail Eligible
Media Mail® shipping from the US Postal Service is the cost-effective way to ship Books, Software and DVDs. With shipping rates starting at only $5.00, it's the most affordable shipping method available.