The Susan Polgar Method for Scholastic Chess - Volume 1Learn Chess The Right Way in 15 Minutes a Week
Description / The Susan Polgar Method for Scholastic Chess - Volume 1
To be the parent or coach of a young chess player is a wonderful feeling… Playing chess raises a child’s IQ, improves math skills, develops critical thinking...and gives them a ton of joy as well!
But what’s the best way to teach them so that they not only enjoy the game, but also reach the full depth of their potential?
Imagine watching your clever little chess nut gradually become smarter, do much better at school, win the occasional chess tournament — AND have tons of fun!
It’s possible and here’s how to make it happen: Grandmaster Susan Polgar is a former World Chess Champion and World Class Chess Trainer with FORTY FIVE plus years of chess experience… ...and she knows how to bring children the benefits and joys of chess. After all, she herself won the Girls' Budapest Championship under 11 at the age of 4 with a perfect 10-0 score!
Susan had a ton of fun dominating her own tournaments when she was a child! Susan has now distilled her 45+ years of experience into what she considers the ULTIMATE training system for ambitious kids.
Grandmaster Susan proudly stands with a successful young chess player. With her groundbreaking new course, you are handed a comprehensive chess training curriculum comprised of video lessons, puzzles, and a detailed teacher’s manual created by Grandmaster Susan herself.
Once the BASICS are Covered… Your Child Will Develop Life-Changing Skills Like:
• How to Choose Between Seemingly Equal Options: In life and in chess, we are often forced to make tough choices, and without good judgment, mistakes will be made. (Diagrammed Example): When a child gets to “eat” the enemy queen, they usually think the game is over, GM Susan explains how to avoid this trap and look closer...until they find the much better Qh8 checkmate!
• The Tenacity to NEVER Give Up! When a child feels like they’re “losing”, the usual reaction is to lose hope and stop trying. GM Susan teaches them that they should NEVER give up, as chess (and life!) has dozens of ways one can defend like a tiger, crawl back from the brink of defeat, outwit opponents and finally win (or draw via “stalemate tricks”) in the end!
• How to Stay Calm, Take a Deep Breath and Escape from Danger: A child’s first instinct when faced with danger is to PANIC and react impulsively...GM Susan teaches how our young champion can identify the danger, assess the options, and save the day!
Your Professional Chess Teaching Toolkit Includes:
• 7 Hours of Video Lessons with Grandmaster Susan: In just 15 minutes a week, children are on a firm path to chess confidence. GM Susan uses a real physical board as well as a 2D interactive board with arrows and highlighted squares to make ideas simple to understand.
• A Comprehensive Teacher’s Manual with clearly outlined lesson aims, instructions, and instructive diagrams — this is really the ultimate chess teaching blueprint for kids.
• Challenging Test Puzzles for Each Section: So you’ve taught the lesson, but how do you know if it “sunk in” and the children mastered each new skill? Simple! Give them these theme-based puzzles to solve and if they can solve them, the lesson is a success.
Chapter 1: Discovering the Chess Board!
Chapter 2: Pawns!
Chapter 3: En Passant and Passed Pawns
Chapter 4: Rooks!
Chapter 5: Bishops!
Chapter 6: The Queen!
Chapter 7: The King!
Chapter 8: Castling and the Knight!
Chapter 9: Capturing Pieces, Giving Check and Checkmate!
Chapter 10: What is Stalemate?
Chapter 11: Let’s Learn How to Checkmate!
Chapter 12: Opening Principles
Chapter 13: The Power of Rooks!
Chapter 14: The Beautiful World of Forks!
Chapter 15: Forking with All the Pieces!
Chapter 16: Endgames!
Chapter 17: The Amazing Power of Pins!
Chapter 18: King and Pawn Endgames
Chapter 19: The Powerful Tool of Discovered Checks!
Chapter 20: Time for Double Checks!
Chapter 21: Back Rank Checkmates
Chapter 22: Skewers!
Chapter 23: Opening Traps and Smothered Mate!
Chapter 24: More Opening Traps!
Chapter 25: Removing the Guards!
Chapter 26: Underpromotions!
Chapter 27: Let’s Attack!
Chapter 28: Intermediate Moves!
Chapter 29: Escaping from Difficult Situations!
Chapter 30: What Have We Learned?
|Host||GM Susan Polgar|
|Popular Collections||Polgar DVD Collection|
|Publication Date||Nov 23, 2019|
|Hardware Requirements||Standard DVD Player|
|Region Lock||None - Playable Anywhere|
Returns & Exchanges
Computer Software and DVDs that come on Physical Media (such as CD-ROMs and DVD-ROMS) can only be returned or exchanged if the product is in its original, shrinkwrapped packaging and has not been installed or used in any way. Once you open the packaging of a Computer Software or DVD title, it can only be exchanged for a new copy of the same title and only if the original media is defective. There are NO exceptions to this rule.
Requires DVD Player
A DVD player is a device that plays discs produced under both the DVD-Video and DVD-Audio technical standards, two different and incompatible standards. Some DVD players will also play audio CDs. DVD players are connected to a television to watch the DVD content, which could be a movie, a recorded TV show, or other content.
Media Mail Eligible
Media Mail® shipping from the US Postal Service is the cost-effective way to ship Books, Software and DVDs. With shipping rates starting at only $5.00, it's the most affordable shipping method available.