For your purchasing consideration....
The House of Staunton is proud to introduce the Parthenon Series Chessmen, a new design concept in Staunton Pattern chessmen. It features tall, statuesque chessmen with graceful features and ornate turning. These chessmen are elegant, but are designed to mitigate the design flaws that often render the Classic Staunton chessmen Design damage-prone during hard play. The small reinforced double Pawn collars have been designed to reduce the incidents of broken Pawn collars. The crenellations of the Queen's coronet are crisp yet durable The Knight's ears are tucked back against the head to minimize their exposure during the heat of battle. From the unique design of the King's cross to the angular Bishops' headpieces and Rooks parapets, these exquisite chessmen offer an attractive alternative to the more standard fare normally found in Classical Staunton chessmen.
What is an imperfect set
Imperfect consists of items that are deemed below the House of Staunton's already high quality standards. Because these products do not meet or exceed our inspection standards, we are able to pass enormous savings to you!
The inspection for this set details the following:
- The White Lacquered Queen has chips on the base (As seen in photographs).
- The White Lacquered Bishop has a bump on the base (As seen in photographs).
- The White Lacquered Bishop has tool marks on the base (As seen in photographs).
- The White Lacquered Knight has tool marks on the base (As seen in photographs).
- Some of the pieces could have very minor chips and/or dings/dents or minor imperfections (cosmetic blemishes) in the wood.
What is the value of this item?
If this item were in perfect condition, it would retail for $879.00.
THIS ITEM IS AVAILABLE ON A FIRST COME, FIRST SERVE BASIS... ONCE IT HAS BEEN SOLD, IT WILL BE GONE FOREVER SO ACT FAST!
**NOTE** Because this an imperfect item, all sales are final. No refunds, returns or exchanges are allowed****