Mastering the Middlegame I - EMPIRE CHESS
Description / Mastering the Middlegame I - EMPIRE CHESS
The middlegame is the most rich and varied phase of chess. The near infinite possibilities call for a vast array of knowledge and skills.
As chess players we need to take into account pawn structure, strategic manoeuvring, creation of outposts, wild tactics and promotion tricks just to name a few.
If we want to win games then we need to know what to do in as many scenarios as is possible. We need to pick out elements of a position and know the techniques required to exploit them. With so much to learn, where should you, the ambitious chess student, start?
This was the problem that GM Damian Lemos set out to solve with this instructive Course “Mastering the Middlegame”. Damian has selected the most important chess middlegame topics for you to understand, explains the concepts behind them and then demonstrates them in action with 4 fascinating battles between top players including Judit Polgar.
In this Course, you will learn how to:• play with and against the isolated Queen’s pawn
• create maximum pressure with every move so your opponent crumbles
• keep the opponent’s King in the center by not giving them time to castle
• destabilize the opponent’s pawn center, gaining space and powerful squares for your pieces
• sacrifice for an initiative that will overwhelm even the best defenders
• take advantage of a pawn majority to promote or win material
• organize your pieces to quickly create an inescapable mating net
• …and much more.
Get “Mastering the Middlegame” to improve your chess strength with a new level of awareness of positional and tactical themes as well as a Master’s technique.
Advanced Chess Course Edition! – Highlights• Exclusive Grandmaster/Master Video by a brilliant presenter. We preselect only the most compelling and interesting Grandmasters and Masters to make DVDs for us.
• Highest quality audio and video available with Grandmaster Webcam. No more wasted time listening to low quality videos where it’s hard to hear the audio and video.
• In depth text chapter summaries in PDF format of each DVD’s content to easily reference if you need a quick refresher on a specific topic.
• 20 relevant and challenging practice problems per disc with solutions so you can test your learning and knowledge.
• PGNs included for every game so you can plug the games into your favorite chess engine.
• Brought to you by iChess.net – The World Leaders in DVD education.
- Korniushin – Kofanov, 1997
- Piket – J. Polgar, 1997
- Kislova – Khachiyan, 1996
- Epishin – Komarov, 1997
|Popular Collections||Empire Chess|
|Publication Date||Nov 12, 2015|
|Region Lock||None - Playable Anywhere|
|Hardware Requirements||Standard DVD Player|
Requires DVD Player
A DVD player is a device that plays discs produced under both the DVD-Video and DVD-Audio technical standards, two different and incompatible standards. Some DVD players will also play audio CDs. DVD players are connected to a television to watch the DVD content, which could be a movie, a recorded TV show, or other content.
Media Mail Eligible
Media Mail® shipping from the US Postal Service is the cost-effective way to ship Books, Software and DVDs. With shipping rates starting at only $5.00, it's the most affordable shipping method available.