Tactical Decisions - EMPIRE CHESSHow Grandmasters Make Tactical Decisions
Description / Tactical Decisions - EMPIRE CHESS
Think like a Grandmaster!
What is it that separates Grandmasters from club players in tactical situations? You might believe it is knowledge of patterns or the ability to see more moves ahead and this is part of it. The big difference, however, is a different way of thinking.
Have you ever played a move just because it looked good only to discover it didn’t achieve anything? Or analysed a couple of variations and not really been sure which was better so picked one at random? How about playing a move that wins a piece for a pawn only to find out later you could have had that piece for nothing? Maybe you’ve looked at a position knowing that there must be a checkmating combination there but just couldn’t find it.
Don’t worry, these are all typical problems for club players… and now there is a solution!
Grandmaster Max Dlugy – a former World Junior Champion and highly respected chess coach – gives you the advice and techniques you need to reach the highest levels of tactical ability.
After watching this 3 hour comprehensive course in making tactical decisions you will:• Know how to ‘decode’ a position to find the strongest moves
• Understand when to increase the pressure and when to strike
• Find the strongest move order in tactical play
• Calculate long and complicated variations accurately
• Evaluate the end positions from variations properly
• Find the best defences for your opponent – and ways to still come out on top.
Check out this DVD and learn from a Grandmaster’s experience – saving you hundreds of hours in unnecessary mistakes.
RELOADED Edition! – Highlights• Exclusive Grandmaster/Master Video by a brilliant presenter. We preselect only the most compelling and interesting Grandmasters and Masters to make DVDs for us.
• Highest quality audio and video available with Grandmaster Webcam. No more wasted time listening to low quality videos where it’s hard to hear the audio and video.
• In depth text chapter summaries in PDF format of each DVD’s content to easily reference if you need a quick refresher on a specific topic.
• 15 relevant and challenging practice problems per disc with solutions so you can test your learning and knowledge.
• PGNs included for every game so you can plug the games into your favorite chess engine.
• Brought to you by OnlineChessLessons.net – The World Leaders in DVD education.
1. Finding the best move: GM Max Dlugy – GM Nick De Firmian
2. Trapping a piece: GM Max Dlugy – GM Andy Soltis
3. Sacrificial attacks: GM Max Dlugy – GM Lembit Oll
4. Tactics in the opening: Ryan Ripley – GM Max Dlugy
5. Strong attacking play: GM Valentin Lukov – GM Max Dlugy
6. Choosing between variations: GM Vladimir Liberzon – GM Max Dlugy
7. Both sides attacking: GM Larry Christiansen – GM Max Dlugy
8. King in the Center: Ilan Kreitner – GM Max Dlugy
9. Evaluating sacrifices: GM Max Dlugy – FM Igor Schneider
|Popular Collections||Empire Chess|
|Publication Date||Nov 12, 2015|
|Region Lock||None - Playable Anywhere|
|Hardware Requirements||Standard DVD Player|
Returns & Exchanges
Computer Software and DVDs that come on Physical Media (such as CD-ROMs and DVD-ROMS) can only be returned or exchanged if the product is in its original, shrinkwrapped packaging and has not been installed or used in any way. Once you open the packaging of a Computer Software or DVD title, it can only be exchanged for a new copy of the same title and only if the original media is defective. There are NO exceptions to this rule.
Requires DVD Player
A DVD player is a device that plays discs produced under both the DVD-Video and DVD-Audio technical standards, two different and incompatible standards. Some DVD players will also play audio CDs. DVD players are connected to a television to watch the DVD content, which could be a movie, a recorded TV show, or other content.
Media Mail Eligible
Media Mail® shipping from the US Postal Service is the cost-effective way to ship Books, Software and DVDs. With shipping rates starting at only $5.00, it's the most affordable shipping method available.