Running Time: Over 100 Minutes
On this 3 Part DVD series Susan Polgar will share with you her experiences, exciting battles, and won games from the first opening she ever learned at the early age of 4. Although the French can be complex, the main benefit is there are not many long and forceful lines compared to other openings.Susan will teach you the key to learning the French, to understand the pawn strategies, tactical motifs and basic plans.
So join Susan as well as some of the world's elite grandmasters such as Victor Korchnoi, Nigel Short and Alexander Morozevich in playing this fun and exciting opening defense.
This DVD covers:
Chapter 5: Steinitz variation 3.Nc3 Nf6 4.e5
Chapter 6: Classical variation 3.Nc3 Nf6 4.Bg5
Chapter 7: Winawer variation 3.Nc3 Bb4 sidelines on move 4
Chapter 8: 3.Nc3 Bb4 4.e5 b6
Chapter 9: 3.Nc3 Bb4 4.e5 c5 with 7.Qg4
Chapter 10: 3.Nc3 Bb4 4.e5 c5 with 7.Nf3
Chapter 11: Rubinstein variation 3.Nc3 dxe4
Chapter 12: Side Variations 2.d3, 2.b3 and 2.Qe2
Grandmaster Susan Polgar:
- 4-time Women's World Champion
- World's only Triple-Crown Winner (World Blitz, Rapid & Classical World Champion)
- 5-time Olympic Champion (5 Gold, 4 Silver, 1 Bronze)
- Currently Ranked #1 in the U.S. and the World
- 2003 Grandmaster of the Year and U.S. Open Blitz Champion
- Award Winning and Best Selling Author
- Founder of the Susan Polgar Foundation, a non-profit organization to promote chess for young people
In collaboration with FM Paul Truong:
- 11-time National Champion and Winner of over 120 tournaments in U.S., Asia and Europe
- Captain of the 2004 Historic U.S. Women's Olympiad Silver-Medalist Team
- Award Winning Chess Author and Trainer with 35 years experience
Item Returns - Computer Software and DVDs
Computer Software and DVDs can only be returned or exchanged if the product is in its original, shrinkwrapped packaging and has not been installed or used in any way. Once you open the packaging of a Computer Software or DVD title, it can only be exchanged for the same title if the original media is defective. There are NO exceptions to this rule.
If you wish to return a Computer Software or DVD title that is eligible for return (as defined above), please refer to the Item Returns - All Other Items on our Return Policy page.